MUSKY in Conesus? How? Have TONS OF LUCK WITH THE PIKE

I love conesus it has big fish of both species in it but as you and everyone else have noticed its LOADED with way more average/hammer handle pike than tiger muskie. That being said there is a decent population of them in there but they are tricky to figure out.

Last season most of my tigers came throughout may and early june before the weeds really grew in. Then in July I would see a lot of really nice sized follows and then after the first week of july they disappeared on me and i didnt see another one in that lake the rest of the season. I think all but 2 came on grandmas casted and jerk retrieved the others came on phantom soft tails

Mike, We can talk about possibly having a Tiger Muskie Pen Rearing Program at Conesus Lake at the NY Muskies Inc. startup meeting at Dick's Sporting Goods at 7:00 pm, May 9th. Could be better puting in around 200 tigers over 10" to 12" every year!

Capt. Larry

Mike,Looking at 2011 Tiger Muskie Stocking Report,they put 9700 10.5" tigers in Conesus last year. Maybe we can get a few 100 of those 10.5"ers when they do the stocking this year and hold them in a Pen and feed them until Ice up and see how big we can get them. Depends on what time they stock them and how much time we have before Ice up. But then again we have to get the NY DEC to buy into any project of this type. See you May 9th,7 pm at Dicks!

Capt. Larry

scramp,if you're catching pike it's just a matter of time before you get a tiger. having said that,all the tigers i've caught there have been from the boat launch north. never seen one in the south end.

002.jpg

that one is on the west side in front of the big white place that says"kosakas" on the breakwall. get inside the hazard markers and there is some cabbage there. i have caught a few there. i have also caught several on the dropoff just north of the launch and a few more off stella mariss. still lookin for a big one,though,biggest i've seen is 39. i catch 'em on brown/yellow maribou spinnerbaits/bucktails with gold blades.

Scramp I can also echo Old Man. Ive never even seen a follow from anywhere south of mcpherson point either. Mine have come from oak orchard point, the weedbed just before the point old man mentioned, and from the north end flats.