Point Breeze 5/2/12 lakers, coho, ....HOG FISH? !

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name:

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s):5/2

Time on Water:7:30 Am to 10:30 am

Weather/Temp:chilly

Wind Speed/Direction: 10-12 east n/e

Waves: 2 to 3

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 7

Total Boated:4 ... 5 if ya count the ...HOG FISH :thinking::lol:

Species Breakdown: lakers, coho...and ...oink oink

Hot Lure: all of them...hog fish liked gator with side order of frozen frog

Trolling Speed: 2.4 / 2.7 gps

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 60 to 90

Lure Depth: 50 to 60

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

HOG FISH!.....well that's what I call something that has to eat everything in sight. Lois came out with me today and we Trolled the east side of port back to the park and pulled mostly lakers in ranging from 8 to 12 lbs. The bite was a little slower today than Sunday. No kings to be found this trip, but lakers were busy and we hauled in three of them. One was a real pig....ate two lures before the first one even poped off the release. One nice little eater coho...it was on the new smoker grill tonite and was gooooood. Seems the wind out of the east pushed the color back west somewhere and the kings were not as popular today. The water went from 1ft waves in the morning to 2-3 by late morning and Lois had to work in the afternoon so we picked up at 10:30 to head in.

imagejpeg_2_70.jpg

adult image hosting

free picture hosting

imagejpeg_2_68.jpg

hosting images

Laker...HOG FISH :dull:....does it count for two fish?...what a glutton :lol:

Mark

====================

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

'Hey Skipper, your right, there hog fish. Fishing on Canadagua lake with two friends fishing sawbellys and I was jigging, one of them had a fish playing with his bait when I had a hit and reeled in a laker with my jig and his sawbelly, it happen three time's that day. :D:o .

Thanks for sharing! Just had to have that glow frog!

Was that a cheater on a short lead, or a completely separate rod?

It took the middle rigger first, I saw it bobbing like it was still in the release, but when I went to try to release it, it felt like it was stuck somehow. I thought this is weird, now the port rigger starts pulsing and I have Lois go for it and now it seems as if we have two fish at once, but somehow the first rod, the one I have in my hands is feeling like it just came loose from the release on its own without all the yanking going on. Then as the lines begin to converge I think we are tangled on each other but then of course the evidence was clear that the fish took the 60 rigger and went over and grabbed the 55 rigger. What probably felt like the release holding was the line blowing back in slack and then the fish riding along on the other release for a bit. Team effort, but it still fought like a rubber boot. depressing after the ripping kings we had on Sunday :)

Mark