question about raymarine c-120 please help

I have a raymarine C120 fish/sonar/gps unit. I cant get it to mark fish or schools of bait. I woundering if there is a setting or adjustment i can make to dial this thing in? any help will be gratley apprecieated. i have called raymarine and they were less then helpfull as i exspected. im hoping some one out there has some tricks from yrs of use that might help me get this working.

Thanks

John

Could be a transducer problem. have you double checked all the connections and the location of the transducer itself?

if transducer install is ok then perhaps the unit settings are not correct. do you have it set on auto or manual?

check the sensitivity setting. if it is turned down too far there will be little or nothing shown on screen.

there are also transducer options in the menu, make sure you have selected the proper transducer and the correct frequency.

thats all i can think of with the info that you have given. good luck with it, its a great unit when you get it working.

Mike

• 11 months later...

Make sure you have 200/83 Khz or 200/50 Khz transducer and you set your finder to use that lower frequency as opposed to the 200 Khz setting. 200 Khz is for shallow water and doesn't work well in deeper water. Also make sure you have your depth range set at auto or at least deeper than the water is. 

What DSM are you running? Also take a look at what software version you are on. Another option is restore factory default settings and start fresh

Just make sure you have the correct transducer selected and go from there. A lot of times it is one it two settings that were changed.