RUFF RIDER Live Reports from Wilson 5/19-5/27

:clap: Sliders are tough. I'm usually 1 for 4 on those. Sounds like 200 coppers might be hot right now. Good luck you two! Thanx 4 sharing!

I had about 300' of copper earlier, couldnt move it. Dropped it to 400' still cant move it. It has a spinny fly on it though and every bite has been a spoon so far...

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Not sure Nick...looks slightly blue?...does it linger on the water and drift or disapate rather quickly. If it seems to disappear quickly it is steam...blueish could be oil if it drifts or you can smell it.

It dissapates pretty quickly. Do I need to check my oil for water or is there something else I should check? I put a new prop on a few days ago, but dont know how that could affect it.

I wouldn't worry too much right now long as it runs smooth and the smoke disappears quickly... It is probably steam more than anything from the cooling. Sometimes mine does that with the cold water and the warm air combo..specialy if it is kind of humid out. Check your oil when ya get done just to make sure its full and not getting whitish color. If it doesn't smell like burning oil I would not say it is doing something bad.

Mark

Hey bobs boy get the wind at your back and see how rich yhe smell seems if overly gasy you could lean it out a bit easy if single carb not bad if duel just should do with vacuum gauges to be right about it.

Evening LOU!

Well I'm hoping I figured out the kicker... I checked the oil when we got back to dock and it looked clean, but I did notice the level was high, as in to the top of the dipstick. So either I just didn't notice this when I checked the oil before the trip or there's water getting in. The oil didn't look cloudy though. I had to use jumper cables to my electric oil remover thingy since it wouldn't reach the kicker. People probably thought I was nuts... Yankee stoped by, I think he brought popcorn and was waiting for the explosion :@ I took out probably 4 oz of oil and it's reading 3/4 of the way of "within range" now. I started the kicker up and no smoke, but then again it was almost 80 deg out by then and I only let it run for about 5 mins. We'll see tomorrow, but hopefully that does it and I didn't do any permanent damage. I remember when I was 16 and got my first used car and was so excited to do my own oil change (which I had never even seen done before)... I opened the plug and drained out what I thought was all the oil, then poured in a few things of oil and fired her up! You could probably see the smoke trail for miles as I put in about 2qts too much :lol: I guess some people never learn!

Bailey I read that and it probably is easy to you, but I understood the first part... and then I was lost :) I'm far from a mechanic, the wife says she's surprised I can even turn the boat on.

We also took a ride down to Olcott to hit up the Slippery Sinker tackle shop.

2012-05-19_14-11-11_527.jpg

It's the closest shop by far to Wilson and has an OK selection... a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

2012-05-19_14-11-26_96.jpg

2012-05-19_14-11-36_973.jpg

I of course had to grab a couple of souveniers...

2012-05-19_16-21-08_454.jpg

The spoon the second from the left was so different than anything else I had that it intrigued me and I just had to get it. It probably will never catch a fish, but still... so different.

We also made a stop at Tuscarora State Park and took the pup for a swim. He was very excited to get back into the water...

2012-05-19_17-59-54_475.jpg

2012-05-19_17-59-57_819.jpg

The wife tried to walk in and made it about 3 inches before screaming... I swear the dog looked at her and said "wuss".

Theresa had made a big pot of chili before we left so we could have a few easy meals, a la microwave.

2012-05-19_19-16-15_124.jpg

Probably one of the best chilis I've had, although it could be a bit thicker...

Ingredients

2 pounds ground beef chuck

1 pound bulk Italian sausage

3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained

1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce

2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

1 large yellow onion, chopped

3 stalks celery, chopped

1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped

1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped

2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped

1 tablespoon bacon bits

4 cubes beef bouillon

1/2 cup beer

1/4 cup chili powder

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 tablespoon minced garlic

1 tablespoon dried oregano

2 teaspoons ground cumin

2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco)

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon white sugar

1 (10.5 ounce) bag corn chips such as Fritos

1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease.

2. Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chile peppers, bacon bits, bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.

3. After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.

4. To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.

We've also upgraded our office, so much nicer than our normal ones :clap:

2012-05-19_19-25-57_217.jpg

For those of you who don't know, the Wilson Boatyard has a streaming webcam... see if you can find Ruff Rider.

http://www.wilsonnewyork.com/webcam.htm

Going to try to get out there early tomorrow, good luck to everyone going out and be safe!

Nick

nick, i was the guy at the clean station waiting for you to get finished. try a 42nd spinny\fly combo on your wire 240 out.. also a crome spinny/b fly comdo 240 out on 2. Also my hot spoon today was dw mag gator. its a great spoon. like i said at the marina 122 down. also took fish 95down. the kings will go deep on sunny days. 130-145fow after 8 or so. I try you tomorrow on 68. you saw my box, try fishing your riggers deep.

Yeah if you have little mechanical type skill it could be tricky, although not gard sure youtube has a video on how to do it.or get a wrench turning buddy a case of beer. To help you out it could've been a little full . Let us know how you make out. I fish out if the oak but good luck all to the west gonna be a beautiful day.

nick, i was the guy at the clean station waiting for you to get finished. try a 42nd spinny\fly combo on your wire 240 out.. also a crome spinny/b fly comdo 240 out on 2. Also my hot spoon today was dw mag gator. its a great spoon. like i said at the marina 122 down. also took fish 95down. the kings will go deep on sunny days. 130-145fow after 8 or so. I try you tomorrow on 68. you saw my box, try fishing your riggers deep.

Ah ok it was nice to meet you today! I had a 42 spinny out today without luck, but didnt have it very deep. Ill drop things down a bit tomorrow. Ill be scanning a few ch tomorrow, but talking on 68, if I dont respond try me again :)

Good luck tomorrow!

Nick