Long weekend - Friday Night - Saturday Morn - Memorial Day

Fishing Report

Your Name / Boat Name: 2-FAR-2-ROW

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 5/25-5/26/-5/28

Time on Water: 9 Hours Total

Weather/Temp: Fri - Calm water/windy - Saturday - glass - Memorial - Slight Chop

Wind Speed/Direction:

Waves:

Surface Temp:

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 5

Total Boated: 3

Species Breakdown: 2 Lakers - 1 Coho

Hot Lure: Spin Doctor - Blue Dolphin Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5-2.9

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 70-210

Lure Depth: 35-80-15

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I got a few trips out this weekend with some friends who had never been fishing on Lake O. Unfotunately on Friday night I marked the most fish (stayed between 60-80 FOW) and got SKUNKED! I even brought my buddy into the IBay back to the docks where I never get skunked and STILL couldn't get a hit. Sorry John! We fished from 5-9:30 and got NOTHING!

On Saturday I was up and out fairly early (7:00 am) with a friend and my trusty first mate! Took quite awhile, but we FINALLY got a Laker to hit over 150 FOW - 30 feet down on leadcore with a NK 28 Goby pattern spoon. We went another 30 minutes and got a BIG hit - ended up being a 18Lb Laker - over 190 FOW down 90 (green spin doctor - blue dolphin Fly) - that tired out my first timer buddy's forearm! Only a few hours on the water - 2 fish...not too bad.

Sunday I decided to give the Lake a rest since my iPhone app said the waves would be a bit more than I could talk my crew into. I shot a 41 for 9 holes at Durand instead - not bad for the 2nd round of the year that started with a double bogey!

Monday morning I was back at it with a new crew member, my girlfriend and my trusty first mate! 4 total on the boat (2 women) made the conversation "change" quite a bit from normal. Nevertheless, while we took a Looooong slow boat ride from 7-12 - we didn't get skunked as a tasty coho decided he liked a blue dolphin fly behind a white with green dots spin doctor off a dipsey down 35 ft over 190 FOW.

Overall - it was a good weekend as we got some fish and didn't just take the skunk around. It is GREAT to get first timers on some fish and they REALLY enjoyed it! The credit goes to my First Mate and the members of LOU that are willing to share their knowledge. This site is FANTASTIC!

Back to work tomorrow - I hope there are more IBAY reports! (Sunrise is from a few days ago...still nice though! AMAZING VIEWS on the lake!)

5_12_12_Sunrise_1.jpg

JLiv_5_26_12_6lb_Laker_2.jpg

JLiv_5_26_12_18lb_Laker_net_1.jpg

JLiv_5_26_12_6lb_Laker_1.jpg

Sarah_Memorial_Day_Coho_1.jpg

JLiv_5_26_12_18_lb_Laker_1.jpg

Tough fishing right now. I went out for an hour yesterday with the wife around noon to test some equipment. Put a couple rods down and ended up getting a couple steelhead. Seems like the best bite right now out of IBay is north of 200 fow for steelies. Had one rigger at 30ft and another at 25ft. Fast troll, 50 ft leads on watermelen.

Hope that helps,

DR