Derby out of Sampson

Well had a great weekend with Family and friends. We started off friday running a normal rigger,copper,cores, and dipsy spread and catching fish. We boated the big fish friday over 8lb laker out over the center of the lake on a dipsy green dot mirage fly. Sweet gas money!! I really enjoyed the added excitement to fishing Friday thanks guys for organizing this event! Well after Friday it went down hill from there....The fish came harder and harder by the day. I never really found a honey hole. Then on Monday my boat did not want to plane out......Come to find out one of the trim tab hoses blew out and they stopped working, any one know if any of the local Marinas have this hose in stock?? All in all I had a enjoyable weekend and look forward to this derby next year already. Congratulations to all who made the board. Next event for me will be the SENECA SHOOTOUT should be a fun event. (minus the weeds and fleas yuck..)

Jeremy

Jeremy,

Congrats on that 9 lb'er on Friday. I couldn't get anything over 6 on Friday. That $200 was a pretty sweet start to the weekend though! We took 4th place in the Female division and won a crisp $50 for the derby. 2nd year in a row we cashed. Just wished we cashed bigger :devil: