92 crestliner saber 225 dual tank question

Recently bought a 1992 sabre with dual tanks and can't figure out how to run the main motor off the outside (kicker) tank. Both tanks have a valve on the top pointing toward the rear of the boat. Tried many combinations with the valves and have had no luck.

main motor kicker motor

^ ^

! !

this is current valve configuration and both motors run fine. If I turn the kicker side valve toward the main motor the main still pulls from the center tank. If I move the main motor valve any other direction it stalls the main out.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

i have a 95 sabre and currently have the floor out of it. i will look at the valves for you and see what feeds what. i havent touched them so i should be able to tell you. you will love the boat it handles the big lake waves great!

looking at the valves from driver seat to back of the boat. the small tank comes into the top or bow inlet. the main tank comes into the stern side of the out let. the middle goes to the motors.so when you put the arrow part of the valve tot he back yes it is running off the ,ain tank. when you point it to the bow you should run off the small tank. same on big motor.

if it dies out maybe the old owner disconnected a hose. my boat is like that. they had a 2 stroke for a kicker so they disconnected the main tank line to the kicker so they couldnt run it with out oil.

looking at the valves from driver seat to back of the boat. the small tank comes into the top or bow inlet. the main tank comes into the stern side of the out let. the middle goes to the motors.so when you put the arrow part of the valve to the back yes it is running off the main tank. when you point it to the bow you should run off the small tank. same on big motor.

if it dies out maybe the old owner disconnected a hose. my boat is like that. they had a 2 stroke for a kicker so they disconnected the main tank line to the kicker so they couldnt run it with out oil.