NYS Ice Pro-AM Tournament Series - Registration OPEN

The NYS Ice Pro-Am Tournament Series is now accepting registrations for all three locations in the 2012-13 series: Tupper Lake, Chautauqua Lake, and Sodus Bay.registrations in the Pro and Am divisions will be limited to the first 350 teams for each event. Those who register before September 1st will receive $10 off registration for each event, and a FREE Frabill Aeration unit! 8)

Go to the official tournament website at: http://www.NYSiceproam.com for more information and for registration.

Pro_Am_Ice_Tourney_Pic.jpg

Not for anything but how does one fish for pike on chautauqua lake in the winter? For one, there aren't enough pike even in there to consider it a pike fishery. Second, even if one were to target them, you're liable to catch muskies, which in a lake that doesn't have pike is tantamount to targeting muskies and would get you a ticket by the DEC.

Someone needs to rethink that one.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

We know there very few if any pike in Chautauqua, that's why in the rules it states that the species will vary from event to event. The Chautauqua event will be for Walleye, Perch, and Panfish. Thanks for the heads up though! ;)

We're visiting Tupper Lake and Chautauqua Lake later this summer and will hammer down a lot of the loose ends and firm up the soft spots (as well as rally sponsors, meet with town/county officials and promotions reps, etc.). Like on Tupper Lake, the DEC site says there are land locked salmon and lake trout in there, so we'll be checking numbers, open seasons, etc. when we go there and may add additional species if possible. 8)

Tim a question about the last one at sodus, I see you have pickeral, I cannot remember myself if there are even are any pickeral in sodus..I have never caught one or seen one in there, but on the other hand, I don't target them but why not pike? diffinately lots of pike.. also the panfish means rockies and bluegills, and of course gobbies right thanks Rick

Hey Rick,

I would have thought the same, but Davenport's has said they have caught pickeral before in Sodus, so we figured we would include them in the event in case someone knows how to target them. For panfish we are looking at sunfish and bluegill. You can leave the gobies on the ice for the seagulls. ;) Pike are on there and will be the main large fish species targeted along with perch. 8)