Musky bob's recipe for smoked fish

What is your preferred Hot sauce?

Thanks!!

I use Frank's if I'm in a hurry but mostly use a concoction that I made up. Sorry, I can't share that one. ;)

That's not fair!!! ;(

Definetly a great recipe. I have made several batches of it now for about 2 years and its the best I ever had, I just kick the heat up a little 4x the cayenne. I used to pay to have my fish smoked untill I got my own smoker and that recipe, my fish comes out ten times better than what I used to pay to have done. Thanks for sharing it will all of us Muskybob.

It really depends on how well you like it done as in how dark you want it, I would start around maybe 200 deg or so and adjust from there. I would say aprox 8 hrs or so depending on your smoker. I use a masterbuilt 40 inch elect smoker. My last batch I was playing with cooking temps that were lower and it took a considerable amount of time to get it done ( over ten hrs). I am still somewhat playing with temps I used to use charcoal smokers but got the elect. one this year.

No need to rinse these fillets after removing from the brine. Allow to air dry for about an hr. till pellicle forms. Smoked with hickory chips on low temp for 5 hrs. ;)

What temp would you suggest?

I've been doing it so long I don't use a thermometer, just eyeball and go by color.

My smoker is charcoal, would love to have an electric but this one's gotta do.

I used to keep my charcoal smoker at least 250 deg. I used to have some issues keeping any consistant heat though. I had the side box smoker with indirect heat.