Cayuga 6/29 windy afternoon at Dean's

My wife and I launched at Deans Cove at almost high noon for a short boat ride and a couple hours of trolling today. The wind was 10-15 dead west when we got there by 3pm it turned north and got :no: .

We trolled north of the launch staying in 100-170 most of the time seeing good marks at 90down all over.

I picked up a couple DW spoons at gander last night in a specific color and it paid off big time. ;)

We boated 4 lakers 1 at 28inches and 7lbs(i think my biggest Laker to date) 2 were right at 20inches and a 4th a dink.

The smaller lakers all on the purple wire dip right at 195 on a 3.

Afternoon troll?? weird to find active fish at this time but I'll take it

Funny a little alewife caught a hook through the body ripping along a bait cloud on a new stinger spoon.

Couldn't get the LL thing to happen!! My LL spot just north of Sheldrake was a too far bumpy ride on this day, but I shall return :clap:

Fleas...oh yeah tons but no weed issues..

Maybe 2 or 3 boats around and way off, very quiet afternoon. Outta there by 330 maybe back Sunday am for the 5am troll

Got a couple pics of big boy on the 90 rigger some shots came out blurry :@

426801_3411918897309_539568189_n.jpg

380586_3412186103989_962999698_n.jpg

DSCN2793.jpg

DSCN2784.jpg

Hey sounds like fun despite the wind and nice pics! The big one is nice and fat. :yes:

I find it very interesting that the fish are so picky about spoons- your report, ERABBIT's, and my last trolling trip most or all fish came on one pattern. Makes me wonder if there is a magic jigging lure out there too, I use a handful of different ones but most of the time it doesn't seem to make as much of a difference as with the spoons.