Seneca 7/1

Had 2 first time trout fisherman today and one of my crew members. Made a quick run south from Geneva at 5:30. fished the east side in 70-90 fow. Lots of good marks and bait. We went 11-13 all lakers except a nice 5-6lb landlock. All the lakers we fairly short, fat, and fought awesome. We were strictly laker fishing today scouting for the Seneca Shootout. We kept 5 fish for the guys to take home. Our bag ended up weighing 43.9lb. Man is it going to be a long run from Watkins :( The biggest was just under 11lbs. The 250 dipsey with white/green sd and fly took 2 fish. The rigger set at 63 with mtn sd and a green fly took 2, rigger at 55 took the landlock and the 200 dipsey with sd fly took 2. Off the water by 9:30. One of the first timers first fish was the 10lb laker, he is hooked for life!! All they talked about is when will they be able to get out again! Tied in 30lb big game and not a flea on the rigger lines :) The dipseys picked up very little and the weeds were very minimal.

2seneca_7_1_12.jpg

nice to see a full fish box!!! my luck hasn't been so good on seneca. could you help me out with a few details? how far off the ball are your rigs and distance between the dodger and fly? I have been using cow bells and 30" leader with spin-n glo and power grub. the other rigger I run clean spoon about 6' higher and about 10' back.

I've tried dipseys with ff and df with different spoons ..just can't seem to connect..looks like you have a lot of experience with your set ups,, I'm fairly new to this so any advice would be extremely helpful. thank you.....

thanks for scouting for all of the entrants in the derby,guess i'll run up their to check yer spot tomorrow thanks man....Ya just really up'd the defination of open communactions...

.OR ARE YOU LEADING US ASTRAY!!! :devil:

Ray I thought info was what this forum was all about. There used to be alot of people giving reports and that seems to be dwindling. This forum has helped me become a much better fisherman and I feel i've help several people with answering emails, pm's and actually taking them out. Just giving back!

Nick the money order will be in the mail Friday and actually may have another boat interested, i'll let you know.

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

its gonna look like school of "go-fast" boats heading from watkins,,cept the'll being doing 25 mph with rods bouncing and coffee spillin fishermen holding their hats headin north...

Yea I posted about seneca once,,,,,actually i always thought derbys would be pretty cool if everyone shared info...several boats in one area with everyone wackin them is more fun for all, than 1 or 2 boats showin up with several major fish and everyone else sittin their with 1 or 2 dinks... then its all the skill of the winner to outfish the others ,,,unless everyone was runnin copper :talk:

Ray I hope you didn't take my post as a jab towards you because it wasn't. Everybody enjoys ALL your post! I was hoping for some company during the shootout since I'll probably be the only boat thats not getting any info from somebody!! I'll be losing some fishing time, but I don't know the south end :(