Hot Lure: White green dot spinny with ultra green glow fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2 - 3.1

Down Speed: 2.5-2.8

Boat Depth: 120 - 300

Lure Depth: 75-140

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Went out of Fair Haven today and started setting lines at 5:15am straight out of the chute over 120 fow. The FF screen was lit up with fish and bait, and after setting both riggers and a wire, the starboard rigger fired and started screaming! :clap: We're off to the races at the get-go!! On the way in, it managed to get the slider caught on the wire, then wrapped itself around the wire 4 times! :devil: Just as I was getting this almost tangle straitened back out, the port rigger fires and takes off! Doubled-up! :P We set the hook on the second rigger fish, then netted the first (a 22 lb king to start the day!). Then we brought the second to the boat and netted a 10 lb king. Both of these came on NK black/green glow mags. No sooner had I reset the riggers and the wire gets slammed! 15 minutes later another 22 lb shark hits the deck! 8) That came on the white with green dots spinny pulling an ultra green glow fly. When the sun came up the fish and bait vacated the area and FF went blank, so we worked out deeper and found them again between 240 and 280 fow. We had a steady pick all morning along with a couple more doubles, our biggest for the day tipping the boat scale to 25 lbs. Seemed like many struggled today (from what I heard on the radio) as compared to yesterday, but we seemed to get a good program down. 8)

Today we were running the riggers 90-140 ft with 5-15 ft leads, wires on a 1.5 setting out 375 to 425, and on a 3 setting out 400-450. The white with green dot spinny with ultra green glow fly was the winning set-up, but we also took shots on NK black/green glow mags, UV Tuxedoes, and blue dolphin spin doc with aqua hammer fly.

The fishing continues to be stellar, so if you get the chance, get out and get ready to hold onto a screaming rod!! 8)

It should! ;) We'll be out again tomorrow looking for that 30+ lb'er! 8)

I'll be sure to send you a picture of it! :P

We apparently were fishing too shallow today, although we had a lot of fish on, none were over 15lbs (one or two we had hit and spit may have been a bit bigger, but we'll never know). We were running a similar program but shallower. I put the probe down 100ft and we had ice water. 50deg for us was between 75-85 ft most of the day. Always amazes me how things can be so different just a few miles apart on the lake :)

Good luck out there tomorrow! Give me a call one of these days for a Salmon Slam update as well!

Nick