New guy looking for a little help getting started.

Name: Mark

Home Port:Grand Island

Boat Name/Type:Amalgamator

I fish for: Salmon trout, pike musky

==================

Hello! new to salmon fishing and have a boat and downriggers. I have some cannons that I baught years ago and got to use only once. I would like to get out and try trolling again as It was always a dream of mine to go out into lake ontario and pick up a few fish off a boat. I have a good idea of spoons and flasher and colors but commin up a bit short on experience with FISHING LINES for trolling. Im looking at flourocarbon SEAGUAR 15 or 20 lb test. any thoughts? Any tips/ opinions would be greatly appreciated. I have my pen 320's with heavy deep sea monofiliment but dont think that the trick in my home waters... looking to reoutfit them with and my uglysticks for salmon fishing!

(your welcome message to LOU - anything else you want to say to the community goes here).

Welcome to the site. Lot of guys using 30Lb & up due to the fleas. Fluro quite expensive & not necessary to spool up completely with it. Just tie on about a 20-30 ft leader. Spool will last a lot longer Reels more importantt than rods. 320's great reels. They're all I use, great drag.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

• 2 weeks later...

if i were gonna give someone new to salmon some critical advice for this time of year im gonna say get yourself a pair of line counter reels and a couple spools of 45lb steel wire for running dipsey divers with flasher/fly. lots of days out there the wire lines can trump downrigger lines for whatever reason.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Mobile%20Device.png