Time on Water:7-11

Weather/Temp: warm blue skies and sunny

Wind Speed/Direction: light and variable

Waves: none

Surface Temp: 74

Total Hits: 7

Total Boated: 3

Species Breakdown: Kings, 1 brown

Hot Lure: Mag white Chili Willi (silver streak spoon) and white prochip dodger/white fly

Trolling Speed: 2.25-2.5

Boat Depth: 100-140

Lure Depth: 60-80 down, 180 dipsey

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

got a late start today out of sodus- wasnt on the lake and setting up until after 7 am. Water was set up perfect, 54 degrees down 65, 48 down 80 in 120 FOW. We started almost immediately with good king action (all screamers) on the 180 wire with White Flasher Fly, then the 65 rigger (twice) with a mag white chili willie and again with the 180 dipsey with the white FF. These fish were coming 120-130 FOW just a click east. I had a really nice 11 year old on the boat and I really wanted him to catch his first salmon by himself... so after some trials and tribulations, we did end up with once nice fat 20 lb king from the flurry. Man was he excited (and me too!!). I wish we could have been out earlier because the morning bite was good. At about 8:30 things really slowed, so we moved to the west just a bit in 110-120 FOW, and knocked off a nice brown on the rigger and a spunky 16 lb king (another king for the little man!!) with another swing and miss around 10 am.

Nothing fast and furious today, and we missed a few real good ones... however, given that it was an 11 year old on the rod for the first time I was really happy. He didnt really get any help from me on either fish. I didnt dare bust out the copper today for his sake, but I bet it would have been dynamite.. Overall, Ill take it.

Back at it on saturday. Good luck everyone

Picture_014.jpg

Picture_009.jpg