Cayuga 7/13

Well all month I've been wishing for a cloudy day, finally got one and the fishing was good but not what I was hoping for. Really had to work for them. Took almost two hours before I boated a fish. Ended up doing okay, bite was half as good as last week. Had LOTS of grabs where the rod doubles over, feel fish thrashing for 3 seconds and it's gone. 9-10 AM was best, bait never cleared out though, maybe a later bite today. It was a case of too much of a good thing- this is what I had to deal with all day: (Bad pic, had to really darken the contrast)

bait.jpg

Just could not get away from the bait, and when I did the fish were few and far between. Best tactic was just dropping it into the bait and hoping for the best. Did find some clear water at times. Amazing amounts of bait though, had to be acres of it out there. Tried a bunch of spots on both the East and West side, bait thick both places.

Here's where a better unit would help- this laker barely registered on the screen. Cleaning the screen would probably help. :D I did see it coming so I was ready to hook up. Then lost it near the surface because I was messing with the camera, you can see the fish going down on the upper right side.

hookup.jpg