Motor help!!!

Bubba

I have 85h Johnson motor around 1977-78. It will crank and get gas to carb (smells like it is flooded) great spark on all 4 new plugs. When i pull all 4 plugs they are dry!!! so i am not getting gas some where!!!!!!!!!! can anyone help??? Bubba

70s did not have VROs.

Spray a little bit of starting fluid down the troat of the carb and if it kicks over on you then its a fuel issue, if nothing then its a spark issue. With a sub par battery you will have great spark with the plugs out and nothing once you put them all back in, this is why i always recommend a 850 mca battery at least and those cheap ones are sometimes more trouble then they are worth. From what you said it is most likely fuel related but this will confirm or deny your suspision.

Also you can take a drain out the side of one of your carbs to make sure that the bowls are filling with fuel. I believe that engine has 2 small plugs on either side of each carb you want to take out the bottom one on either side. You will also be able to see the quality of the fuel draining out the sides of that carbs and also give you some kind of inclination of whats going on.

thanks! i will try it ALLLLL! Now the battery i have is a 575mca, so even uping it up to the small 850mca batt. will be a big differnece! THANKS TO EVERYONE,,,,,,,BUBBA