Flys or spoons?

Lookin to get out for the first time trolling. Life has been stealing away fishing time from me... :( Having only trolled once in LO years ago and just rigged up my new boat to try. Just looking for a few tips and colors for bright /dark days. Is it the same as bass? Bright on bright days dark on overcast? I went shopping and have NK spoons galore but no fly's... I have squids and skirts for ocean fishing so Ill try them too I guess... :) 30 feet behing the ball ok? And falshers with fly only or with spoons too.... Any help would be appreciated.... :) looking for at least one fish to make the day a success.. although just getting out there will be amazing...

Love'in the wide open blue serenity

Mark

Best bet is to hit a tackle shop for the different colors. Everyday could be a different color but they would know what's been hot in your area. I have been running my lures prettying tight to the balls early in the day at anywhere between 8-20 feet. Little bit more action when they are aggressive in the morning but then stretch them out in the midday. Wanna catch fish guaranteed then just get a cowbell rig and literally drag the bottom and u will have lake trout galore. Good luck!

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

Try some green & purple NK combinations run clean. Recent upwelling along the south shore makes it kind of interesting. Fish a little higher in the water column & faster than normal. i.e. 2.7-3.2 down speed.

Good luck.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

Hey trench and longline, thank you very much!! Ive never heard of a cowbell rig before but just read a bunch on the net! Great advice. Im going out of wilson or olcott so will definately try that! I live in Grand Island so not to close to the local stores but will look around for a tackle place out that way. And will do with the NK's .....I assume run clean means no flasher or dodger! :) Thankgs again.. :)

Wes at Slippery Sinker in Olcott has anything you need. Just ask him whats been hot, and definitely pick up some white w/green dot or capt valium spinnies and hammer flies. I'll be out Sunday morning with 68 on the radio but nobody really talks anymore.

My boat is getting repaired and such so I wont be out this weekend but again, Thanks for the advice! . Im not a charterboat captian but I've been on chartered skunked trips before so If King slammin is your handle, I let you know if I find em! Thanks for everybodys advice! you too long line and trench! :)