===============

Total Hits: 6

Total Boated: 4

Species Breakdown: all lakers

Hot Lure: gr/wh nuclear SD and green hammer fly

Trolling Speed: 1.8-3.2

Down Speed: HEAVEN KNOWS

Boat Depth: 120-210

Lure Depth: 60, 75, 90 on the riggers, 275 std dipsy, 200 mag diver, 150 small dispy

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

I will try and keep it short. Took my buddy Steve out for his first time downrigging and was hoping that the fish were gonna turn back on after this last week. We got out and set the first line just about 7 and by the time I had 4 lines in the water, the deep rigger at 90' with a small protroll flasher and pearl blue fly takes a hit and we get Steve his first ever laker....about 8lbs and I smile and say "Good Job" as I secretly try and rush to get that fish back in the water before it craps my boat.

I get all 6 lines in.....275 diver with nuclear SD/green fly takes the rip...and another laker 4lbs or so. 15 minutes later....Mag diver 200' back, with white pearl glow SD and blue hammer fires and we boat another 7 lb laker or so. Okay.....its gonna be one of THOSE days.

Still its only 8pm and 3 for 3, so i am happy. And then finally......275 diver starts thumping and screaming.....Oh yeah, i turn to Steve and yell...."Finally, king on!!!!!!" I back the drag off, grab the rod to hand to Steve and promptly scream ^#^%&%$....as the king is bye bye! Well there was 30 seconds of excitement.

The next 2.5hours were DEAD. No lakers, No takers, No sea flees....nothing. Trolled out to 210 feet and decided against heading too much further....alot of other boats working inside water. Went back into 120 feet and finally got another hit in 125fow on the same 275' wire. Lost it. Made a pass back over that water....and same diver took another rip and was running line pretty good. Took my buddy Steve to about 375 feet and made a couple of very nice runs. I figured it was a small king. WRONG.....was actually a 6-7lb laker, but had more spunk then I normally see out of laker.

We called it a day, need to get other stuff done....Looking at alot of the posts, I will consider 4 fish a blessing. Currents were all over the place. Dont have a subtroll or anything...but I noticed some kind of different current between 55' and 70', as my rigger when it was high was at a normal angle, pulling as if there was no current, then I dropped that one to 70' and it went back behind the boat as if the current was now shearing right to left (in the direction I was headed). Top waves and currents were in opposite directions, lines down deep were all over the place. Tangled a small top line dipsy set 150 foot back on my portside, into the 275' std dipsy on my starboard side and have no idea how!?!?!?!?

Anyways, so much for the short report. i slept in today. Hope everyone fishing today does well. Congrats to all of those in the Sodus Pro Am.

Jason

====================