Which is better DD or lead

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the quick respond.

I just want to know whish setup have more avantage then the other

I think lead is more straight forward then DD as DD can go deaper is an attractor and on plus you can seting up to go side way which let more latitude when turning.

So I will setup with Dipsy Diver, 50lbs power pro braid.

I see that allot of peoples use Big Game mono 50 lbs, is it really better?

Regards

Claude

mono stretches to much to be very effective on dipsies

braid will build up with fleas ( more than wire )

30# malin wire best bet

as ray said lead is only good to 50' with 10 colors...can be effective on right day

if you want only a limited arsenal go with the dipsies you can run them from 20' down to 100' easily

Claude,

Apart from the obvious differences in depth achievement, each has their own unique pluses/minuses:

Lead core:

1.) Excellent stealth presentation as Dan Keating would call it. A ten color core is going to be 300-400 feet from your boat and often a hungry king will hammer a standard or mag spoon on this presentation. Typically 27# leadcore sinks between 3.5 and 4.5 feet per color (ten yards). This is also one of my favorite mid summer presentations for high kings and off shore steelhead.

Dipsy divers:

1.) Dipsy divers are a more aggressive presentation b/c the diver itself acts as an attractor (just take a look at how many diffrent colors of Dipsy's there are out there). However, I'm convinced that the stiff wire also adds awesome action - especially on wavy days - that helps to stimulate the fish in hitting. From May until Sept., not a day goes by that I don't have a diver in the water.

I argue that both are great, but if I had to pick one it would be the wire Dipsy diver.

Good luck,

- Chris

mono stretches to much to be very effective on dipsies

braid will build up with fleas ( more than wire )

30# malin wire best bet

as ray said lead is only good to 50' with 10 colors...can be effective on right day

if you want only a limited arsenal go with the dipsies you can run them from 20' down to 100' easily

Thanks for the info!

And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you !!!

Regards

Claude