What do you need for kings?

Have not trolled for kings yet but plan on a trip to Lake Ontario next summer. What do I need in terms of reel, rod, lb test line.?

For walleye and steelhead on Lake Erie I troll with downriggers and dipsys.

Thanks in advance - winter project is getting ready for this trip.

Your wire/dispy rod should be good as long as your running wire or heavier mono 30# plus. For downrigger setup i run 30 pound flea flicker line with a 20# flouro leader but 30# big game does a good job of keeping the fleas away. Spoons in greens and blues are good king producers and towards night time purples can become a factor as well as oranges. If you want to spend the extra dime UV spoons are becoming a big thing and glows on cloudy days can be big fish triggering factors. (Not saying only run these colors at these times. mix it up). Spin doctors in NBK, 42 second, hawg wild, wonderbread, and mtn dew ran with flies from companies such as at-tom-mik, Ito, and Big Weenie in matching colors can be deadly, but so can protrolls and various others. Also if you use braided line take it off. Im not sure if you have the fleas up in Erie but theya re awful right now here. Sorry if you know alot of this stuff already and i may have touched on some stuff you already know. Tight Lines.