Hot Lure: wonderbread SD/ ultra white a-tom

Trolling Speed: 1.8-3.5

Down Speed: soon

Boat Depth: 100-150

Lure Depth: 30-100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

My buddy came up from NC for a wedding and he wanted me to take him out so we got out at the ass crack of dawn with calm wind thinking the <1 foot estimate from noaa would be more like glass, however lady O had her own plans in mind- waves were pretty good sized as most of the day were 2 feet with rollers topping 3. By the time I had all of my rods out it was about 630 and the sun was just starting to poke through- Wire dipsy hit at 130 as I was letting it out, by the time I picked the rod up and tightened the drag, fish was gone. After bringing that in and popping the clip back, the opposite wire went flying (out 200)- broke me off. A few minutes later another wire rod took off at 169' and ended up breaking me off. All of these fish hit in 120 fow.

After the frusteration set in, I pulled in my wire rods and only ran 2 riggers with cheaters and 2 planers down 30' as soon as I brought my wire rods in I was going to mess with my rigger depths when the port popped at 65 ft. with the wonderbread sd. We get that in 20# female. stopped marking bait west of the pump house so we turned back where we hit all of the fish and picked up one 6 pound brown on the same lure. We headed in after that as the southern boy couldnt handle the waves anymore :lol:

I love learning lessons, but not when they cost you $30 dollars in gear. Time to upgrade my leaders for the wire rods :@

I CANT TELL YOU MUCH STUFF IVE LOST OVER THE YEARS INCLUDING A DOWNRIGGER, GETS EXPENSIVE SOME TIMES. THE LATEST 2 MONTHS AGO WAS A X4 FISH HAWK PROBE. HAVE TO WAIT NEXT YEAR TO REPLACE THAT. BEEN DOING REALLY WELL WITHOUT IT. OH WELL WHAT THE HELL ELSE WOULD I DO AND WHAT ELSE WOULD I SPEND MY MONEY ON. HMMMM

Yeah my leaders from my Dipsy to SD are a little light (I have been running 17lb floro on my mono rods but obviously the no stretch wire needs something a little different). Time to upgrade before the derby!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] iPhone.png