Species Breakdown: LAKERS ..ugh :(

Hot Lure: SD/Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.5 +/-

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 120-140

Lure Depth: 80, 55, 40 riggers, 250' std dipsy, 200' mag dipsy

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Took a buddy and his two teenage sons out for there first time downrigging. The lake was perfect when we set out in 100 fow, but spent a good hour hunting and pecking to find fish. Marked a couple, then we found the lakers in 120-140, working a more east/west troll. We went 4 for 7 in this water in about 90 minutes, with one double. All hits on the dipsy's.....one a green nuclear SD with green fly and the other a white pearl glow SD with blue fly. But I wanted to get these guys into the Kings and I heard Nick on Ruff Rider had marked fish out deep in 230-250. So I trolled out to about 260fow. We did take one rip on the 60foot rigger over 230fow pulling a NBK, had what felt like a king on for about a minute and was gone! Spent a little time trolling arond here, but wind was picking up now out of the SW and wanted to get back to the inside water. Trolled back and as soon as we hit 140fow...there goes the diver and there is another laker. Lakers were all 4-8lbs.....nothing big. We called it a day at this point. His sons were very happy, even if we didnt land a "big" one....they started asking dad for a boat. That made me smile!!!

Tight Lines

Jason

====================