Hot Lure: 42nd spinny w/crazy **** fly

Trolling Speed: 3.5

Down Speed: 2.5

Boat Depth: 150 - 315

Lure Depth: 60-120

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Spent the morning out with some co-workers. Got on the water about 7:30am and saw the pack around 130-180 east of the creek. Took a big loop, and around 8:30 the dipsy ripped with a teen king. The rest of the morning was kind of a slow pick for us. Ended up heading out deeper thinking the fish moved that way with the full sun, and headed west to where i have had success already this season. Just couldn't get into a groove i guess. We ended up with a few really good rips on the rigger, with a watermelon spoon mupped as well as on the dipsy but nobody home. I washed the mupped KOS mag/std all morning with no takers.

On the way in i figured i would try for some lakers to try to save the morning. Sent down some blue cowbells and a chartruse spin/glow on one rigger and a glow frog on the other. Fished the bottom from the pump station to the creek at around 115-95 with no takers. It looks like it was just an off day for me, seeing as to Brian killed the lakers this morning :) (congrats on that by the way).

Any tips on a solid Laker program if all else fails?

I'll be back out saturday morning with some of my dad's friends trying to show them a good time, so i'll try to get dialed in by then.

2012-08-16_10-11-28_257.jpg