Hot Lure: Spin Doctor & home-made fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 80 - 180

Lure Depth: 90

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

According to the weather forecast, today was to be the only good day for kayak fishing the big lake. So, I took a vacation day and headed out. I was on the water 1/2 hour before sunrise and made it to 75 FOW by the time the sun started to peek over the horizon. I stopped and took a temp reading at 80 FOW - 50 degrees was about 50'down. I marked most of the fish around 88 FOW between 40' and the bottom. I couldn't get anything to bite so I angled NW. At 120 FOW I hooked the only fish of the day down about 90' on my dipsy/flasher/fly. It was a dark king around 15 lbs. After a short revival, I let him go. I continued to troll but couldn't get any more action. I paddled in and out from 80 to 180 FOW. Most of what I marked was right aroud 85 to 90 FOW.

I did see two salmon porpoise before sunrise when I was in shallow and just starting the day. Because of that, I flat line trolled a J-plug on my way out to deeper water. But, I didn't spend much time inside. I was in a hurry to get to deeper water. I'll try for the inside fish later!