Lowrance Elite-4 vs Humminbird 385ci?

genEus

I am looking at these two units, and they appear to be pretty much the same. The 385ci is a bit more expensive typically but it’s on sale right now at Drugstore.com, (out of all places you wouldn’t expect to sell fish finders), and they have a 20% off everything coupon, so it becomes only $20 more expensive than the Elite-4, at $320 vs. $300. So, now the only consideration for me is Humminbird vs. Lowrance quality and support, and I’ve seen some pretty negative reflections on Lowrance customer service and dependability. Sounds like 385ci it is?

Thoughts?

Looks like Fishtails had a 385ci last season - send him a PM.

The Elite-4 is what carpedium was using when we fished with him but yeah, I'd be concerned about their disappearing support and poor customer service too. See what Fishtails says....

Looks like Fishtails had a 385ci last season - send him a PM.

The Elite-4 is what carpedium was using when we fished with him but yeah, I'd be concerned about their disappearing support and poor customer service too. See what Fishtails says....

Yes, and I LOVED it!

If you've been keeping up, then you know where I stand on the issue and where my vote goes... ;)

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] BlackBerry.png

.. yes... I've been keeping up... :no: