Lund tyee magnum

wickerdave

Hi,

I'm looking for info on an older Lund Boat. Lund used to manufacture a large boat I believe it was called the Tyee Magnum, about 22', it was huge. I remember years ago driving behind one being trailered and thinking that someday I would own one. Now I've just moved to Oregon and can't wait to fish for the huge trophy Walleye that inhabit the Columbia river out here. The big river gets very windy and constantly has large swells. The big aluminum boats they use out here are very spartan for comfort and VERY EXPENSIVE. If I could find one of the older 22'Lund Tyee Magnums I think it would be perfect for the Columbia and the ocean bays out here. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Edwards

Sublimity, Oregon (formerly Vinton, Iowa)

[email protected]

Hi,

I'm looking for info on an older Lund Boat. Lund used to manufacture a large boat I believe it was called the Tyee Magnum, about 22', it was huge. I remember years ago driving behind one being trailered and thinking that someday I would own one. Now I've just moved to Oregon and can't wait to fish for the huge trophy Walleye that inhabit the Columbia river out here. The big river gets very windy and constantly has large swells. The big aluminum boats they use out here are very spartan for comfort and VERY EXPENSIVE. If I could find one of the older 22'Lund Tyee Magnums I think it would be perfect for the Columbia and the ocean bays out here. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Edwards

Sublimity, Oregon (formerly Vinton, Iowa)

[email protected]

Dave,

You might consider looking for a Crestliner Sabre Runabout (mid - late 80's) if you are looking for an open bow with a dual console like the Lund, or for a Crestliner Sabre G/L or D/C if you want a cuddy cabin. Starcraft also makes the Islander 221, which is a cuddy cabin boat. I don't know if Starcraft made a runabout open bow boat.

If the open bow isn't a big thing, but you don't want a cuddy, I know that Sylvan made a 22' aluminum hull runabout. (The Offshore was their Islander clone).

Other boats to look at are the Crestliner Nordic Sportfish. All of these boats are out there still, and there was a 24' Sabre in the PNW earlier this year for sale (I think it was in western washington).

This is my Sabre G/L on Taylorsville Lake earlier this year

cruising1_small.jpg

, and an early 80's Nordic 22

nordic22.jpg

What you're looking for is a Baron Magnum. I have a 20' Tyee magnum it's the smaller version of the Magnum. The last year that they were made was 2008. After that for whatever reason Lund went to the fish & Ski transom. They are tough to find used, most hang on to them because of the quality & price!