GameFisher Trolling Motor Question

Guppy35

I have an old GameFisher trolling motor on my boat that i've been having problems with lately, and thought maybe someone would have some suggestions for me. Last spring i had some work done on it and we tested it in a barrel of water. It ran fine and idled pretty well for quite a while before we shut it off. However, it seems like every time we get on the water and try to start it, it struggles to start and then stalls every couple of minutes :@ I'm sure most of you know how frustrating it can be to set up a spread while dealing with a motor that doesn't work right. Anyways does anybody know what could be causing it to run fine in a barrel of water but then stall out on the lake? If all else fails i guess i can loosen the clamps on the back of the boat and tell the wife i "lost" the motor and will have to buy a new one :D Feel free to PM me if you'd like.

Thanks,

Sean

Sounds like a load issue. Barrels do not put the LOAD on the engine like once in the lake. Might be a simple carb gasket or even a fuel line air leak. I had the same issue on my yamaha this year. The line was sucking air at my primer bulb. However my carb is sucking air as well...

Nick

a good carb cleaning goes a long ways buy a can of spray cleaner take apart the carb and clean it thoughoughly my last two motors i have solved many poblems that way one is a 66 and still runs but has been decomisioned due to a bad fuel pump and its a hog on gas the other is a mid 80s honda that sat in a garage for 10 years and now starts and runs like a top. if its stalling out at low idle than theres a good chance that gas is not flowing through the carb correctly.