looking for good ice this weekend

crumcake1223

i fished sodus bay this past weekend and froms the looks of it there wont be safe ice for this weekend. i want to take my dad out for his birthday this weekend and willing to travil. just looking for some good old days time with him ya know. please help thanks

Sandy pond had plenty of ice last weekend, its been cold this week during the nights so doubt it lost too much. Watch/pay attention to the big white crop circles on/in the ice they are about 30-40 around, sandy has a bunch of gas pockets and plenty of people go through them each year. Lake O is low, thus so is sandy, the channel is alway been shallow this year is really bad, there arent "as many" perch there so for an eventful day bring tip ups and enough pike bait to get you started. I use dink perch and sunnies after that. Good luck, not too far of a drive, worth a shot.

Sorry didnt see this until today. Hope you made it out there... Take 104 mexico go north to 3 at light towards mexico point, make a right on 3 and go past woodys bait shop about 5 or 6 miles or so will be a blinking light, take a left, and follow the sign to the wigwam. $5 to park...FYI.