Buddy List Feature Added

BlueEye

Hey LOU Members,

Well after 6.5 hours of working on this thing, I'm ready to introduce the new "Buddy List" feature as requested by our members. The idea originated with the intent of being able to provide members an easy way to setup fishing trips with each other and thus combat the growing costs of going fishing these days.

The buddy list feature is easy to use. Simply click the "buddy" button on any member to add them to your list. Once they are added to your buddy list, you can view all your buddies via your public profile and in your private message inbox.

Because personal information such as time/dates, location, phone numbers, ect. might be exchanged to setup these group fishing events, I needed to set up the buddy list to handle personal information with extra care and thus the justification to use our encrypted private messaging system to set up the actual fishing trip details. The intent of the buddy list is to make contacting specific individuals easy and customizable for you.

If you view your Private Messages you will notice your buddy list is conveniently located at the bottom of your messages. From here you can quickly and easily contact any of your friends without the hassle of having to try and search for one of their previous posts or digging through our member list that now consists of over 1600 people.

To remove a buddy from your list, simply click the (X) button next to their name.

I hope you find this feature useful.

Kind regards,

Ray -

You may have been lucky enough to catch me updating the site at the same time you were trying to submit the PM. It just so happens that much of the work done was to that area of the site so I would give it another shot today and if you still have a problem then let me know an I will look into more.

Thanks Ray and thank you for the kind words Rod :)

Take care,

Chad