seneca south

Got the boat on the water for the first trip this year. Lots of NW wind early and calmed way down by noon.  Everything seems good, big and little motor kicked right off and the electronics are all OK.  Got out about 8AM and fished until noon.  Got a few little fish in the top water (above 25 feet)...kept a brown and a salmon for dinner.  Not much on the screen today.  Maybe the big South wind took the fish North.  Surface temp was 40 degrees and 40 degrees down 25 feet.  Black and white glow spoon with a hoochie was working best.  Nice to fish without the weeds and fleas.  Will try again in the AM, 10 miles or so, North of Watkins.

AC it sounds as though you had a good day on the pond...while you were out there I was taking the plastic off my boat and loading all my stuff back in...my back is still killing me from trying to drop those two batteries into the below deck compartment at an odd angle  :)  Thanks to the wind there are still a couple fish left out there :lol:

My knee is killing me for the same reason...Advil is more and more a daily event, as the years pile on.  I forgot to mention on the earlier post, my buddy had a real serious fish on today.  It hit the lead core rig hard, and backed off...came back and took the spoon.  He had a big fish on for a few seconds, and I did not get in neutral fast enough, and the fish broke off.  The real problem was last years leader...too lazy to change it this AM, and we lost a big fish.  Also lost a probe and 15 lb. shark because I did not redo down rigger tackle.  Tomorrow I am going to redo everything...take my time and do everything right.  Stuff wears out, and even though UV resistant, last years leaders and terminal tackle, is a bad plan.