new to site.

spently

Hi my name is bill i'm not a very good typer very slow, well I live in enfield ct just bought a new boat a triumpth 195 cc. To start off let me say i've been doing a lot of reading on this site, boy do I have a lot to learn. I fished the lake for 20 years chartered for about 10 years with (BW charters out of fairhaven ny Bill Great guy)Learned so much i bought my own boat 17ft bluefin riged it up with downriggers and planer boards for the spring browns ,(even got 3rd place inthe ELSO spring durby) Caught lots of salmon in the fall around the lighthouse in osweago useing sutton spoons, dodgers and squid, J plugs, Nk's.. well that 15 years ago when the zebra mussels were just getting introduced.. Now you have fleas, dipsy divers, Wire line. e chips , flies,(Any pics of the dipsy rigs would be much appcated).. I'm going to stay 1st week of may on the water on sandy pond north of polaski i hope it's a nice place to go out of , Well I blabed long enought any tips or things i should Know would be great.

O ya Boats name: Kristin Lee (daughters Name) Thanks BILL

Spently Welcome to the board. You have come to the right place :D these guys are great with info and advise. You will learn a lot by reading and asking questions. I know I have learn so much from here. I too have been on this pond for over 25 years and things have changed from the 1980's no more waiting in lines for hours to get on the water in august :D But the fishing is really great right now. The fleas are only bad when the weather gets hot then they come to life ;( But I use 30 lb Andie pink line and they don't really like that stuff so they are manageable.The wire line rig is a must I use a daiwa heartland 9'6 dipsey rod a daiwa SG47LC reel spooled with 1000 feet of 30 lb 7 strand mason wire and you are good to go.You are going to need a good set of rod holders for the wire rigs. They also use a copper rig that is the hottest rig out there today but I don't have one yet so some one should help you out. As far as flasher/Dodgers the green,white 8 in e chip flashers are good also the 8 in spin Dr's in the same colors are a good start. then you need to get some fly's. I personally run Atom-miks fly's you can go on his web site and you can see for yourself.I think the best thing to do is go and read the past post on tackle and open water stuff you can get alot of questions answered by just doing that. If not just ask and you will get your answer. I think now is a good time to ask it's going to be a long winter :( I am by far not an expert here but I hope this helps :lol:

Erbyjoe put you on to some good info. You might also go through the past "Fishing Reports" for the months you plan on fishing and see what the guys report they are using. Good luck and hope to see you on the water this season out of Oswego.

Thank you Joe and Bob for the warm welcome and the great info, I don't know if ether of you will be by sandy pond 5/1-5/3 but if so maybe we'll get to meet. does ether of know how the fishing is around sandy pond. I know Oswego and fair haven Good....

Thanks again for the

Welcome BILL