Apple Boy Shake Down 4/27/13

Was able to get the new apple boy out for the first time this season after working on it all winter! Our crew consisted of Jon, my brother Jacob and myself! Jake last year went out in old apple boy and it was the only skunk of the year and it was 90 degrees! he never went out again. Todays goal was to get him his first fish trolling. We 
   We left the dock at 7am and went west out of the chute. We started to set up east of maxwell in 20 feet of water. We ran two riggers and 4 planer board lines with spoons on riggers with sppons/ sticks on planer lines. We only had 4 lines in the water when the 10 foot rigger back 100 bent right over. Jacob was on his first fish! A nice 8lb brown. Got that set up and still only had 5 rod in the water now and the 2 color lead core of the board starts takeing out line. Jon was fighting this and as it got to the back of the boat the fish spit the hook. Worked the inside waters untill 10 and we made the decision to pick up and head deeper.
 We set down in 70 ft of water and jacob was running the wheel. he was just putting us on the fish! :yes:  Jon and I were setting up the 8 color lead core and two riggers and the starboard rigger fires! I reeled in the first laker of the day! We kept working for 50 -90ft picking up 7 lakers! biggest one was 15 lbs
All in all it was a great day on the water and we caught a good amount of fish for our shake down! :) We went 7 for 8  :)

Edited by kylew