Jigging on seneca

Hi all!

I am up on Seneca the next couple of days and would like to jig for trout/salmon. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? We are staying about 6 miles north of Watkins Glen on the east shore. I tried this morning in 60-80 FOW with white zoom flukes just north of Smith Park and got skunked.

Thanks!

The fish seem to still be in the 40-70 ft range along with concentrations of bait (usually by this time the bait breaks up and moves out deeper as do the fish and apparently they haven't moved out to the deeper water yet on Seneca or Canandaigua. Many folks are having a hard time getting the trout to hit though and it may be because they are chowing down pretty good at night with the available moonlight and with the bait in shallower they don't have to work hard or expend energy to get food so they aren't chasing lures etc. Just my "armchair" view....I'd keep trying in that depth range and hopefully you'll get some takers, and don't be surprised if you connect with browns in there too..

Edited by Sk8man

Not every fish near the bait is a trout either...the smallmouths get their share as well as others....stick with it in any case....best of luck.

Les

P.S. let us know how the charter goes....