This morning we left our dock to look for kings, so we went out deep and far. It took a while, but well over 200 fow and between 50 and a 130 down we did find all sorts of goodies.

First came a small king off 500 copper which our junior able seaman Chris was gracefully allowed to bring in. This was followed by 2 lakers also out of the basement. the first maybe 7 pounds,while the second one was over 10 pounds. This one did give us a decent fight. Next was a long hiatus which was finally broken by something funny. Captain Lou decided to make a phone call, but before he dialled he said:"Of course when I touch the phone we will get a hit. As soon as the call was answered there was a hit which was another smallish salmon from a hundred foot down on a rigger. We brought it in and the interupted phone was remade resulting in the next fish,this time a steely off a 10 color leadcore. Then there was a bit of a break, so I pulled out my cell phone and dialed a number and yet again a fish answered. another steely, this time a six pounder. Again there was a bit of a break but this time without a phone call the 300 dipsy went of. This one was for real.Chris took the rod and instantly we knew it to be a king. It started by taking well over a hundred feet out and then it made 4 more runs before if was finally netted. He came in at about 24 pounds. We packed up around one in the afternoon after a very nice day on the water.

It is my feeling that our "Just Horsing Around" team is turning into a mean lean fishing machine under the able guidance and training of captain Lou.

Cornelis

Edited by rolmops