Owasco 7/6

So I know I'm a bit late but thought I would share my experience jigging Owasco on Saturday morning.  Started off by waking up at 6:15AM and by 6:30AM we had found the bait and start fishing.  That's when the flurry began, for about 20 minutes the strikes came fast and furious.  We even started off landing a double on our first drops!  It was incredible to see multiple fish rising and swiping at our jigs every single drop until about 6:50-7:00AM.  At that point a switch seemed to flip, the clouds rolled in and the wind switch from South to North,  We fished for another 2 hours or so only landing one and hooking a few others off the bottom.   Overall, landed 6 lake trout and dropped/hooked another 10 or so.  The picture below is the biggest measured 27 inches and weighed just over 8lbs.  

Wat to go alex.I can visulizze your report with the trout meeting jig.. I like owasco because its not crowed and the launch is easy. Used to be some big browns in there. Dont see the picture. Do you launch at emerson or southside.

I haven't fished Owasco for a while but we used to get nice browns with the smaller version of Evil Eye spoons both off downriggers and Seth Greens where it drops off out from Long Point on the east side and south of Peterson on the west and the dropoff out from Dutch Hollow. Too bad those Seeforellen browns (European strain that were supposed to achieve 20-50 lb size in native waters) that were stocked back in the old days didn't live up to expectations....