Garmin GPS

I have a Garmin GPS giving me trouble. It powers up and locks in just fine. At any time it will shut off. If you hit the power button it will power right back up and be fine only to shut off again in a second or an hr. I have checked all the connections and especially ground. I now have it powered and grounded on the same wires as my FF. Finder never wavers but GPS will shut off. Gotta believe it is in the unit itself. Any ideas or a repair center? Thanks in advance.

no info to help tho sounds like loose connection inside the unit. We had problems many times because we trailer our boat so many bumpy roads that we literally shook patrs of boat loose as well as realized all those hard bumps on electronics did not help so now we take electronics off, pad them in luggage and never any problems now. we have the same garmin gps since 2000.

Cdq's dad here I've had garmin GPS since 95 works great had same problem rough day it would shut off its the connections mine was solder your connections if u haven't might not be same problem with your unit. Good place to start. Good luck! Bullet proof unit. Got new raymarine combo unit this yr. but I still use the garmin 240