Worked another weekend so took today off & went fishing. (Yay Me!)  Slight wind out of the south.  River temp 73F.  Some big-butt logs just outside the jetties.  Went around them and to the left again.  Actually got on the water a little later than usual today.

8-6-13RussellA_zps4b3d7427.jpg

71 ½ on the surface.  Put in around 120 ft - 70F down 75.  Clean screen till I hit 185 FOW, then it was like I was in 75-80 FOW.  Bait all over the place!  I have never seen so much bait.  :o

Stayed basically 180 to 215 FOW.  Probe down 105 & in the Thermocline and 2nd rigg’r stacked at 85.  Dodger-fly on top of a clean spoon - matching Bloody-Butt Blk/Slvr w/ clean BB Blk/Slvr on the probe.  Short leads, 2.5 down speed.  3 out of 5 in the boat.  1 King, 1 Rainbow, 1 Brown.  All on the spoon below the dodger. Nothing more than 7 Lbs.  # 4 is either resting on the Canadian shore right now, dragging a couple hundred yards of line or was the SUNY Brockport submarine. :(

Here’s what can happen if you’re not too careful with the spoon –Dodger trick.  i.e not enough distance between the lines. (Only took ½ hr to straighten it out – then ended up cutting it apart anyways.

8-6-13RussellC_zps9fcc3e4a.jpg

Off the water around 10:00 and had to take a field trip to go find some more line.  5 trailers in the lot including the SUNY Brockport Bio group.

Beatuiful day to be on the water.  Luck to all.

Tom B.

(LongLine)