Leadcore Down and out

Adk1

More lines means more problems. I've found, at least on my boat, a simple 2 rigger w/ sliders and 2 wire diver spread is not only better at catching fish, but its more efficient. Once u deploy a chute rod or planers, u greatly reduce the ability to turn around and pass through an active pod of fish quickly. With that said, there are days where those planer and chute rods simply catch all the fish. Start small and work your way up, adding an extra line at a time on slow days.

that is great advice right there. thanks. why would you use a slider on a downrigger already? Maybe I just don't understand what that term is. IS this the second spoon that you basically connect to the mono of the line that you have connected to the downrigger weight with a swivel and like 10' of line out and just let it run down the mono until it hits the belly of the line that is caused my the drag on the line?

That's a free slider and how I usually run it. Simple and gets a "free" spoon in another strike zone. If u want a fixed slider, just lower your rigger 10' or so, half hitch a rubber band to main line and connect the slider swivel through the rubber band. Let the rigger down slowly to avoid tangles. The fixed slider this way will allow u to cover 40' of water column for example with riggers at 60' and 80', and sliders at 50' and 70'.