I-Bay 8/25/13 - Great day of fishing.....bad day of catching

I fished with my brother today from 6:00AM til 10:30 AM and we had a tons of hits, but only managed to land five fish. We would have screamers on the riggers and wire divers, some fish for twenty seconds and others for a few minutes and then they would shake off. We also had one fly break off.

Steady action from the minute we put rods in at 210' fow until we worked north to around 385' fow. We finished the day 5 for 14, and as mentioned it was very difficult to bring these beasts to the boat deck b/c of the shake-offs. Biggest fish was no more than 15#, all Chinook today. Seemed like they preferred a NE and SW trolling direction and speed between 2.2 and 2.5 on my Subtroll.

The MVP today were the wire divers, followed by the 95' rigger. 600' and 500' coppers did not take a hit today.

Also - I really have a bone to pick with whoever is in charge with the migrating buoy. Today it was in 340'.....In my opinion, it's a navigational hazard, especially when it keeps changing locations without warning and the buoy is only about a foot out of the water.....what a joke.

The following all took fish:

rigger 95' - (I'll give you one guess....) yes, Bob Fuller KOS

rigger 95' free slider - Stinger green nuclear spoon

rigger 110' - Stinger NBK

wire 300' - Livewire Spin Dr./Atommik42 second fly

wire 315' - Green Glow Nuclear Spin Dr./Atommik mirage fly

wire 280' - Hammertime Spin Dr./Atommik Hammer Fly

Purple spoons, Carmel Dolphin, SSW patterns did not take fish for us today.

Good luck to all - please be safe. Only 2-3 more trips this year and the boat will be pulled in preparation for bow hunting

- Chris

There are actually two bouys one in about 160ft of water and another in about 320ft of water.  I almost snagged both this spring and I marked hazard waypoints for both (they have not moved all year).  But I always seem to end up near them when I am fighting a fish or not paying attention where I am going.   Almost snagged the 320 one today.