Well decided to give it a shot in the little pontoon today seeing how tomorrow is rougher. Fought to get out of the channel but pushed out to 80' and set up. Good hooks and bait from 85-95 fow. Headed straight west (less bumpy) and got in front of the nose with no hits. Looked at my son and said do you want to keep going. So north it was . Got to 135 and screen lit up and soon after the 220 dipsy fired with a big king on. My son fought it for 20 min to boat side when fatigue and muscle gave up. (He's 9) too much slack and 10 feet from the boat we lost her. Marked that spot and circled right back in. 15 min later down rigger fires and I had him the rod. Gorgeous show the steelie put on before we netted him (11lbs). Followed it up with a smaller king and that's a wrap. He was getting green and a little nervous. Ride back was rough as I'm sure some of you out there witnessed. Until tomorrow. Hope this helps someone. Some reason I can't figure out the pic download on here. You can go to my face book to see pics (Jeremy Goodison).

Well decided to give it a shot in the little pontoon today seeing how tomorrow is rougher. Fought to get out of the channel but pushed out to 80' and set up. Good hooks and bait from 85-95 fow. Headed straight west (less bumpy) and got in front of the nose with no hits. Looked at my son and said do you want to keep going. So north it was . Got to 135 and screen lit up and soon after the 220 dipsy fired with a big king on. My son fought it for 20 min to boat side when fatigue and muscle gave up. (He's 9) too much slack and 10 feet from the boat we lost her. Marked that spot and circled right back in. 15 min later down rigger fires and I had him the rod. Gorgeous show the steelie put on before we netted him (11lbs). Followed it up with a smaller king and that's a wrap. He was getting green and a little nervous. Ride back was rough as I'm sure some of you out there witnessed. Until tomorrow. Hope this helps someone. Some reason I can't figure out the pic download on here. You can go to my face book to see pics (Jeremy Goodison).

Sounds like yet another youngster is hooked, HOW great is that,    WAY to go men!

We saw you just inside of us when you first set up and we couldn't figure out at first what a pontoon boat was doing out there. I've got to say, you were rocking and rolling...good times!

I'm glad to hear that you got into them. We picked up at ~8:30 with no fish, but we never made it out to that 135 fow. It was a tough day out there, and a buddy of ours is getting some knee work done soon, so he wasn't too comfortable. A couple of kings might have changed our attitude, though. Your son sounds like a trooper!

Nickr you dock at sleepy hollow. My buddy matt docked couple slips away but we pulled it cause transom kept leaking. Think I saw you out there today. My boys b-day is tomorrow and school starts Thursday. He wasn't missing out on today without trying. Big key for me today was devils nose. Marked fish everywhere from mouth to devils nose. But only fish that were biting my lures were in front of nose. Tomorrow the kids stay home and the bigger boat comes out. Game on. Expecting 2-4 foot waves so hopefully its not worse. Hope to see guys out there tomorrow. Good luck

When I met you you were taking the ladies out for a joy ride. Gotta make em happy . Good luck tomorrow well be in his boat tomorrow. I'll post as we go good or bad. We had in tensions of starting 550fow with a south troll. But if its like today were going from 80 on a north troll. Good luck out there