Fall Salmon run, Cobourg-Port Hope area any info?

• 2 weeks later...

First serioius run started first week of september, has been quiet for the past 7 days. everyone still hoping for another run, but the place had very few anglers on site. I do not site fish for them inside the river system, would rather let them spawn as nature intended, just fishing the pier or bay chucking spoon , catch and release and no female roe needed.  Due to higher water level this year, fish seemed to have entered the tribe much faster than before. 

I live one hour away, so no report elsewhere except to go and try . 

Edited by fishfight

Port hope fairly quiet, not many people. There is fish here. Mainly salmon... Stragglers. The last run was last week and not much since.

Rainbows are starting to stage to come in. A few people pulled a couple decent 15lbs out.

Cobourg was the quietest I have ever seen. I was the only one fishing the creek. There was still salmon in there. I ended up landing a 28lbs one by myself. Netting him was quite the challenge. Biggest surprise was that it was on a rapala J10 and he destroyed my lure. Never had them hit on them at night but I lost 2 before landing this one.sent him back into the water

Hope this helps.

Paul post-151578-13810390520838_thumb.jpgpost-151578-13810390694812_thumb.jpg