Otisco 10/6

315angler

Fished Otisco Lake 10/6 from about 5-7:30AM from shore.  A ton of alewives around after I have not seen too many over the last week.  It was raining off and on and did not have any action for most of the time I was there.  At 6:56 I caught a 22" eye.  Thought I would have more action with the weather, but one is better than none!  Fish seemed skinny so they must be getting ready to fill up, it had a big head.

Fished Otisco Lake 10/6 from about 5-7:30AM from shore.  A ton of alewives around after I have not seen too many over the last week.  It was raining off and on and did not have any action for most of the time I was there.  At 6:56 I caught a 22" eye.  Thought I would have more action with the weather, but one is better than none!  Fish seemed skinny so they must be getting ready to fill up, it had a big head.

Nice going 315angler, 1 is a start, remember what lure you used and what  kind of retrieval you used, don't be afraid to move, usually they are school fish, if you catch one and nothing after a while move, from my experience don't waist time waiting for the  fish to come to you. Cover ground and another thing to remember is, and this holds true for any body of water. 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water.

Also what has worked for me that has made the difference between a 1 fish night and a limit is changing up your bait. If you are in a place where you know the walleyes are or you had a hit or two...dont be afraid to switch up. 50 casts of an f18 in front of a walleye may discourage them from hitting. Numerous times ive had a fish on the 1st or second cast of throwing a different bait after throwing the same bait 100 times prior. Keep a couple poles rigged and switch up if things are slow.

Surfnturf- funny you say that, that's what I did. First cast on my rattling rogue got it, I was going from a slow to more aggressive retrieve as well. This lure is always one of my last resort lures but I have actually got a few on it maybe it should move up on my list.

All true, but Monday I waited in the same spot making the exact same cast I don't know how many times with the same f18 that I used the night before and after 2 hours finally a school of 7 pounders came in and we took turns catching 7 in just minutes with a triple. Bottom line is gotta fish hard and really fish each cast as if you know they are there not just going thru the motions. Changing baits helps keep you focused and each bait works different too. I fish the same bait, and vary the way I fish it, and take breaks giving fish a chance to move in. The only night I couldn't catch my back hurt so bad I wasn't fishing well. Thank god Cody caught 1! lol Takes both patience and stubborn hard work. Just remember if you can catch 1 you can catch 3...it always is slow fishing right up till it isn't! Right Tim? A limit is just 3 casts....but seldom the first 3. Don't be afraid to try bait under a float on 1 pole and stickbait on the other.

justin