10-6 Otisco Tracy's big eye

justtracytrolling

Hit the submit button...a 27 a 26 and a 25.5. It took Tracy a bit longer as she was missing, but once she got warmed up she was on fire. She caught a personal best 28 with a 15.5 inch girth weighing 9.5 pounds. She filled out her limit with a 24 a 23 and threw back a 22. She got 1 largemouth and a 38 inch tiger. All fish were caught on a rapala f18 in black and silver (shad) using a slow steady retrieve after quickly cranking it down.

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-1381124707522_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13811247405645_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13811247915592_thumb.jpg

I prefer the boat to shore of course, but either works. I troll all summer then in fall and spring I cast if I can find them. Sk8man put it best in a thread on jumbo Seneca perch; The secret is fish every available day as long as you can for years studying the behavior of the fish perfecting your technique and do your homework. There is less than 20 miles of shoreline to fish and with 2 guys and a trolling motor in a handful of trips you can cover the whole lake. Thats how we do it, except the work is done. Pick a 2-3 mile stretch of shore and work it for 4-5 hours. Keep doing this till you figure a few spots out. Poke and hope is not a scientific approach. After 1000 hours of trolling on the lake you learn a lot. Without a boat and some gear you are severely limited. Keep after it keep posting and keep asking questions....other than where are you fishing...there are tons of fish all over the lake according to the research team. I did ask if there were any areas that were noticeably better or bigger fish and was told they found the fish everywhere they looked. I throw just ONE bait so you don't have to wonder if you are using the right stickbait.

justin