Morning Everyone,

Thank you in advance for those that post. This website has been a huge asset for my father and I on Lady O for the past few years.

During Fall and Winter I fish the Salmon river every weekend sometimes twice if I am allowed :)

My buddy and I are going to stray off the SR this weekend and try 18 mile. Have never fished it before so we are going in blind. I was wondering if you had some advice on access points, parts of the river to try this time of year, it would be much appreciated. We fly fish and I am bringing the pin. Any different patterns that work better in the west would help not not asking anyone to share secret holes or fly patterns. Just a general sense of where to go.

We aren't fans of crowds, well who is? So we do not mind walking.

Thanks again for the advice!

I'm assuming you're talking Burt Dam. In terms of accessing the creek for wading there is only one access point at Fishermans Park.

If you're not fans of crowds I would suggest you stick to the Salmon River. Not trying to be a jerk but there's a reason the place is more commonly referred to the the zoo or the circus.

I live 45 minutes away and won't go here.

Don't worry about trying to find honey holes, there will be an angler every 15-20 feet or so as the crowds are starting to thin out a bit.

If you want some solitude, fish the frog water.

Thank you for the insight. I guess there are two 18 mile creeks. The one we would thinking of going is an Erie Trib, near Hamburg. I have had enough elbow to elbow fishing being on the SR this Sept-Oct. The trib looks nice and long with a catch and release zone.

Have steelhead and browns made it up to the catch and release zone yet?

Either way we will have new scenery.