Hello!

ldsyang

Hi all, I am new to this forum. Recently moved here from Northern California to Geneva, NY. Mostly fished bass (LMB and SMB) at Lake Berryessa and Clear Lake and Sturgeons at Sacramento River in Nor Cal, but I am totally hooked to trout fishing ever since landing a 15 lbs laker from the Long Pier last month. I look forward to getting acquainted with local fishermen and getting useful info through this forum. Thanks!

Min

Welcome Aboard, You will learn so much on this site that it will blow your mind!! If you don't read about a thread that contains your interest, just ask, there is no such thing as a stupid question, and someone on here will help you out, all the guys on here have covered and crossed most of the bridges so these guys will help you out. This site is the greatest site I ever belonged to. Good luck on the up coming season. By the way what size boat do you have and what lake are you most interested in?

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

Pap, I am pretty much a boatless angler, but I did recently purchase a 16.5" Great Canadian canoe that I have been slowly outfitting for fishing. It now has a fish finder and a 1.5 hp Evinrude Mate motor and thinking about getting one of those portable manual downriggers for deep water trolling. I am now thinking that I might as well just get a real boat! 

The lakes that I am interested in are whatever lakes that nearby Geneva, so they would be Seneca Lake, Cayuga Lake, Keuka Lake, and even Lake Ontario (love fishing the tribs up there). 

I would love to make some new fishing friends in the area and tag long on their fishing trips even through winter. I'd love to catch my first fish trolling!

Min