Some Lake Oahe walleyes from the MO river for you.

John Kelley

Howdy my NY friends.  Here are some ice eyes from my stomping grounds from earlier today.  We have over 25" of ice on parts of the MO river.  All of these fish were caught in 30' of water on a nice breakline, adjacent to a 22' flats, and dropping fast into deep water.  Caught them all on either glow 'Weasel' spoons with whole fatheads under slip floats, or on rapala jigging shad tipped with a minnow head on the treble hook.  Had some follows on a large Salmo chubby darter, but no takers.  Thanks.

post-150571-0-94824400-1390190265_thumb.jpg

post-150571-0-18327100-1390190287_thumb.jpg

post-150571-0-99291300-1390190311_thumb.jpg

post-150571-0-66878100-1390190330_thumb.jpg

Xellent!......John Kelly. I see the population of 'eyes there is big. Some tasty meals there...... :) !! U live out that way or in Dansville..?.. :wondering:

I live out this way, but was working out of Dansville for the past couple of years. :)

Hey you "RASCAL"…..nice walleyes…..i'll be on erie in a few months,and it won't be long ponding the browns out front…nice "eyes"        take care my friend !!

Hey brother Ed, I am sure you will "rip their lips off" on Erie!!  Good luck my friend!! :)  

Just out of curiosity...... :thinking: ....ever catch any sauger there? I read they r rare there, but they are in there.....

Yeah, we used to get a few below the Fort Thompson dam on Lake Francis Case.  I have caught a ton more on the Mississippi river, though, and on Lake of the Woods, in Minnesota.  The ones on the Missouri river are usually skinny little suckers!LOL

John Kelly......plenty of good ice fishing across much of the country this year.......nice little catch there.... a fish fry for 1! :lol: .....just kidding :P .....naturals or artificials?

Naturals.  Mostly maggots tipped on a Hali spoon. On the bunch of perch, anyways.  

Edited by John Kelley