Blue Spin Doctor and Flashers?

mcny

I have been hearing about Blue Bubble Spin Doctors being very popular in Lake Michigan but never hear about Blue Spinny's or Flashers being hot on Lake Ontario or more specifically the west end of the Lake. I was wondering if any of you guys run blue flashers with success and what conditions, Depths etc. they work best in. Thanks

post-150071-0-80221500-1393208627_thumb.jpg

I have fished a lot out of Ludington, MI, and we always had a white SD with Blue tape with a blue fly in the water and it always produced fish. Many of the captains would always have a white and blue paddle in the water, but not so much on Lake Ontario for some reason.

My blue Spinnys haven't seen the water on Lake O. for five or six years. They seem to have followed the same foot steps of my Greasy chicken Wing spoons, Double orange crush spoons, Habenero, five of diamonds for browns, and Dirty white Boy spoons to name a few. For some reason, all of these lures which used to be some of my favorites, are now collecting dust in my tackle box.

I have no idea why, perhaps this LOU site and the old At-the-Oak site with day to day fishing reports has changed many of my tackle selections over the years.......

-Chris

For sure blue Flashers and Spin Doctors work on Lake O. We all know green is king on the south shore especially in the western ports who enjoy the fertile green water from the Niagara. Blue is a great producer for me in high sun or clean, blue water.