Wiring electric planer board reels

I've mounted two big john planer reels to my hardtop on my Pro-Line.  Now I need to mount the switches and hook up some power.  Do I need to run wires directly to the batteries or can I run to a fuse block I have mounted within the hardtop?  There really isn't a clean way to hide the wires if I run them directly to the battery without tearing a few things apart.  At the same time I don't want to put to much strain on the fuse block and create other issues.  I really appreciate any help!!  Thank you in advance!

post-151111-0-65199200-1396354194_thumb.jpg

Wiring to a fuse block should not be a problem as long as you feed the fuse block with a good marine gauge wire like a #8 or #10. Looking at the pic, you might try to run your motor feeds inside the hardtop tubing to the fuse block. PM me if you have any other questions.

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Depends on the load rating of your fuse box and the present total load already fused within it. Seems to me your adding considerable amperage draw with them. I'd also ensure following the manufacturers instructions, to the tee.