April 1st Traditions

larry

Opening day stream stories, favorite spots, baits, skipping school, work to get out with Dad, Mom, brothers, sisters or friends.

My favorite was when Rebel (Jerry) was 14, he skipped school to get out to the Pier at Charlotte (open year round anyhow) but got his picture taken by the D&C and ended up the front page photo. Busted! detention, grounded, but caught some nice browns. The principal didn't have too difficult a time figuring out it was Jerry's catch hanging in the gym locker for week.

I've been doing Powder Mills Park for 20+ years now with a friend. My son, my bosses son (started 2 years ago) and another friend and his 2 sons for a few years too. Now it's time for the grandkids to start (they did the kids derby once already).

We are the first ones in the park every year, start a fire and talk about years past! It's a fun time :D and I I want to carry on the tradition with my grandkids now.

There's nothing more rewarding than taking kids fishing. Every catch is an adventure for them. They will remember it for years.

I plan on bringing my 3 great-nephews up to Oswego around the 2nd week of April. I don't think I'll have my boat back by April 1st. :( They are still talking and smiling about fishing on Lake O with "Uncle Bob" last year & are really looking forward to it. And so am I. ;)