how to rig my boat?

Dick

older 1605 spectrum where do I place my dipsy rods, leader rods, and rigers? The bimi top is a pain!

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ckeck out the picts. Thanks. pictures would be good.

post-145412-0-65226200-1398982798_thumb.jpg

post-145412-0-06660400-1398982837_thumb.jpg

post-145412-0-59422000-1398982907_thumb.jpg

post-145412-0-54035800-1398983069_thumb.jpg

If you are going to be using the bimini while fishing the first thing I would do is shorten up the support straps at the back and have the "connectors" re-located on the gunwale going almost straight down from the back edge of the bimini to free up the back end so they won't be in the way of your rod holders etc. I 'd consider moving the back cleats forward a little bit and put a couple downriggers where they are now located (you didn't mention if you had short or long booms on them or swivel bases).If they aren't on swivel bases you'd probably have to run them straight back (not the best option on turns etc.) to avoid problems in docking. If on swivel bases you would have the additional option of running the downriggers at 45 degree angles (or straight out at 90's if not running dipseys close in...run them off inline boards instead)  You'd need to make sure the rod holders are very sturdy and are bolstered underneath the gunwale with either wood or preferably aluminum "plates" if they aren't already very sturdily constructed there to avoid torque problems with the riggers and the rod holders. If you  move the bimini  connectors forward as suggested it may also free up a space to put a couple rod holders (one on each side) where they currently are positioned. Again if the rod holders are going to be used with dipseys or wire rigs etc. you may need to add plates underneath to properly support them.

Edited by Sk8man